Interviews with Baud members
Interviewee: Clara López, Consultant.
Date of the interview: September 7, 2020.
In the framework of interviews with the members of our team, today we get to know Clara, Strategy Consultant a little better. Analytical, creative and committed, Clara has been working for numerous clients for 10 years in different agencies and renowned consultancies. Promoter and speaker through entities such as IPMARK, Villanueva University Center, Rey Juan Carlos University, Aebrand or Google Campus. She has a degree in Advertising from the Complutense University of Madrid and a Master in Creation and Management of Innovative Companies from the University of Valencia.
Why have you chosen Branding as a profession?
I didn't choose it, I found out. As a little girl I watched Advertising Festivals with my brother, falling in love with ads like Mercedes, with a fetus who dreams of having one and when he grows up he turns into a duck and regrets not getting it, and learning that of “look, it's I am any tuna fish and I would like to be Bald ”, which I still know. In Advertising I saw art at the service of strategy and that attracted my attention.
Already in the professional world, I experimented a couple of years with her, but I wanted to go deeper into the business, and then I discovered Branding. This discipline is interpreted (or misinterpreted) in many ways, but it truly has enormous power. It is the right balance between the conscientious analysis of a business consultancy, and the creativity and knowledge of the emotions of a publicist, artist, philosopher, psychologist, sociologist and anthropologist. And for the great challenges and opportunities that concern human beings or companies (which are still groups of human beings trying to relate to other groups of human beings), I believe that few things can work better.
What is the best thing about your job?
The diversity of clients and projects, and the impact on each of them, and therefore on society.
And the worst?
The rush, the hours, the dramas ...
What is the project or brand that you have been involved in and of which you are most proud? Why?
I have a special affection for Baud AntartikI think it is a project with great potential and I hope we continue to take it to the place it deserves.
What brand / s would you like to work for? Why?
Positions to request, Ryanair, Blablacar, Decathlon, PADI, Mercadona, Inditex, Ecoalf, IKEA, Google, Amazon, Disney, Netflix, Spotify, Pepephone… They are brands that have done a lot for me as a consumer, and I would love to return it to them as a professional.
What does working at Baud bring you?
The creativity. In other consulting firms I find this dormant facet and it is essential to find the best solutions.
A united team of great professionals and the diversity of clients and projects are also factors that contribute to me.
For you, what are the best qualities that a professional in your area should have?
I would say not to stop sharing and learning from any person and situation, contribute and admire the work of others, build between colleagues and clients, commit to projects, work on personal difference ...
How do you see the future of your profession in a few years? What changes do you think may emerge?
I think that whoever predicts a future and is right today has no vision, they are lucky. The environment is so changing that we must work with scenarios and constant adaptability.
What advice would you give to someone starting out in your profession?
Give everything, contribute the energy and freshness that a person who starts out has, respect and learn from the best colleagues, think before acting, find constant motivations ...
In a nutshell…
- A reference: one thousand. From my grandfather to Picasso, each for his reasons.
- A confessable mania: I was a Scout for 15 years and related to it or not, I always carry a compass with me.
- A book you would recommend: if it has to be one, El Quijote without a doubt. Then you come across small jewels like Of selfish wisdom by Francis Bacon, How to read water by Tristan Gooley, Star maker by Olaf Stapledon or The girl does not forget by Irene X, to name a few.
- Your ideal music to work with: It depends, if I work for a spa I put on relaxing music and if I work for a youth fashion brand, Rosalía. If it's Friday before eating, baddie reggaeton at full volume to try to spread the flavor to the companions and go out for beer. I don't usually succeed with that style of music, but we do tend to go crazy, at least before the covid, and it's what I miss the most.
- A phrase that is your mantra: one thing is one thing and another is another thing. It works for everything in life.
- A plan to disconnect: move, in any way, surfing, dancing or painting an oil.
- Something surprising about you: I started a startup within the world of pets in 2016 together with other collaborators, Value. Without being my main occupation, it fills me and teaches me continuously.